Friday, March 28, 2008
I was tagged by one of my new online friends, Mithua of
Crafts with Care.
Now I have to write 5 things about myself and then go on to tag 5 more
unsuspecting bloggers :)!
Here are some things I'd like to share...
1) I love sewing, designing patterns, painting and working with clay.
2) Would love to live in an area where it is always warm..(NO SNOW!)
3) I am fluent in 3 languages. English, French and American Sign Language.
4) My favorite t.v. shows are Survivor and American Idol. Can't sit still any longer than one hour. :o)
5) Love to spoil our little Miss Molly. A Llassa Apso-Maltese mix. So.... It's time for me to go relax just like she does. :o)
Now I am tagging the following people...
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Besides making dolls, I like to paint with different mediums. These 4 x 6 cards were painted with wax and an iron. Encaustic art paintings are made using a hot iron to melt colored beeswax onto the base which is then applied to the non-absorbant surface, creating beautiful abstract and fantasy art. These will go up on ebay in Mid-April.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Thought I'd gather the materials for my next doll. She is starting out with a gourd head that will be covered with paper clay. Her dress will be the original wooden base, arms made of wood dowels and fabric hands. Can't wait to see how she turns out. Hope you'll check again in mid-April once she's completed and ready to go on ebay!
Here is the doll with all the pieces put together. Her head is made of paper clay over the gourd, she has her wooden dress, wooden arms and painted muslin hands.
Friday, March 21, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
These are some of my pattern designs that you can purchase.
Click on the link below to see more patterns.